In order to generate self-employment opportunities in the state, the Government of Jammu and Kashmir has introduced the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme. As part of this scheme, the government provides entrepreneurs with financial support in order to start a new venture. The J&K Self Employment Scheme is being enacted in discussion with the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Kargil.
Key Targets of Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme:
- Building maximum job opportunities in Jammu and Kashmir and addressing rising unemployment in rural areas of the state.
- To motivate Jammu and Kashmir’s youth for setting up their own ventures.
- Providing and encouraging self-employment in the state.
- Adding the local natives to the mainstream development process.
- Bringing normalcy in the state by promoting growth of local business units through financial assistance.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme?
- The general category applicant’s age must be between 18-42
- A relaxation for women and people belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/physically impaired is given.
- Educational qualification: The applicant must hold a middle-class pass certificate.
- The applicant should not have taken loan for setting up his own business from any bank.
- Permanent resident of the state is eligibile to apply.
- The applicant must be unemployed.
Cost of the Project:
- The applicant could get Rs.2 lakhs for a retail trader under this scheme.
- The business-related to Industry/Service can get assistance up to Rs.3.00 lakhs
- Joint Ventures (minimum two people) can get the Rs.10.00 lakhs for their business.
Pattern of Credit:
- Bank Loan: 75%
- Contribution of the Applicant: 5%
- Margin Money: 15%
- Capital subsidy: 5 % (Maximum of Rs.7500)
What are the Documents Needed for Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme?
- Matriculation certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Project Report/Business Plan
- Affidavit to effect that the applicant has not received a loan from any bank or financial assistance
- Residential Proof.
- Certificate from Gazetted officer that the candidate is non-working.
- Identification Certification from a Gazetted officer
- Caste Certificate.
How to apply for Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme?
Visit the following website to know more about the application under the J&K Self Employment Scheme