The Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board, with the assistance of the Government of National Capital Territiry of Delhi, planned, established and implemented Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojana(RGSRY). The aim is to provide employment opportunities for unemployed youth, craftsmen, qualified professionals, skilled workers and entrepreneurs through the promotion of lawful manufacturing, trades, tertiary and service sectors.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojana (RGSRY)?
- Drop-outs from school/college over the age of 18 years.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs.
- Age of the applicant must be between 18-50 years
- Small-scale industrial units which, have a total expenditure of plants, machinery and equipment. It should not exceed the limit prescribed by the Central Government for small-scale units.
- It must be situated within the jurisdiction of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Applicants from any technical/professional institution recognized by the Government or its sanctioned undertakings without further training.
Financial assistance as a loan under these rules can be given to any of the following groups/sectors for qualifying projects: —
- Secondary Sector (Small Industries)
- Tertiary (Trade, Transportation, Hostels, Restaurants without Liquor and Meat etc.)
- Services (Under the Terms & Conditions, provisions of local bodies and Delhi Master Plan.)
- The loan shall not be sanctioned if any loan has already been advanced by the government or any government-controlled financial entity for the same.
- The borrower shall utilize the loan for the specific purpose for which it is advanced within three months. Otherwise, the loan shall be treated as mis-utilised and shall invite interest @18% along with principal amount may be recovered.
What are the Benefits of Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojana (RGSRY)?
- Loans of up to Rs. 3,00,000, will be provided to the operating units. (Provided that, the applicant concerned makes a payment of at least 10% of the amount sought as a loan from the DKVIB).
- For weaker sections, i.e. For SC/ST/OBC/Ph. /Females/Ex- Servicemen, an entrepreneur’s contribution of only 5% is required.
- Govt. of Delhi would provide subsidy @ 15% of the project cost subject to the ceiling of Rs. 7,500.00 per entrepreneur.
What are the Documents Required for Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojana (RGSRY)?
- Passport size photographs of the applicant (2)
- ID Card, Copy of Valid Passport, Aadhar Card, Electoral Photograph of the applicant.
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Project Report/Business Plan
- Affidavit in the prescribed format.
- Electricity Bill (Proof of Residence)
How to apply for Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojana (RGSRY)?
Visit the following website to download the application form for the RGSRY