The State Government of Goa has started the Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (CMRY). Collaboration with the Economic Development Corporation of Goa for unemployed youth. Under this scheme, with the help of government loans, other backward class people, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and all ordinary people have to provide employment.
Under the CMRY scheme, the government provides 30 days of compulsory entrepreneurship training before disbursement of loans after the loan approval of the beneficiaries. The main objective of this scheme is to enable and educate unemployed youth. Introducing income generation by providing self-employment activities supported with institutional loans, and government subsidies with financial support.
What are the Objectives of the Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana(CMRY)?
The objective of the Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana scheme is to uplift employment potential and nurture the life of every unemployed person. This scheme is for those living in Goa who have lived in Goa for at least 15 to 40 years. Under this scheme, the state government provides loans up to a maximum of 20 lakh rupees for an individual. Those including professional degrees/diplomas/ ITIs are participating in special training programs organized by authorized government departments in Goa.
What are the Benefits of the Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana(CMRY)?
- The government is providing loans to start its own business.
- An individual with a professional degree/diploma/I.T.I., including those undergoing special training programs conducted by authorized Government Departments/Corporations, can avail a maximum project cost of Rs 25.00 lakh, including a 50% share capital under the DITC scheme (80% in the case of SC/ST applicants).
- For others, the maximum amount is Rs 20.00 lakh, including 50% (80% in the case of SC/ST applicants) share capital under the DITC scheme.
- 30 days of compulsory entrepreneurship training before disbursement of the loan after the loan approval of the beneficiaries is also being provided.
What is the Eligibility for CMRY?
- Applicant must be a resident of Goa State.
- Unemployed applicants should normally be between 18 and 45 years. 5 years exemption in case of widows, disabled persons, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward classes.
- The applicant should not be guilty of any nationalized bank / financial institution / co-operative bank.
- Applicants must have passed at least Class 8 but exemption in eligible cases.
- The income of a beneficiary with a husband and a family member should not exceed Rs 10,00,000/- p.a.
What are the Documents Needed for CMRY?
- Aadhaar card/Passport/PAN Card
- Residential proof
- Project Report/Business Plan
- School leaving Certificate
- Passing certificate
- Documents of merit
- Passport size photo
In the above list, a Business plan also known as a project report is a crucial document when applying for a bank loan. The bank uses this document to analyze the overall feasibility, risks, financial viability, and potential of a project. A well-crafted and convincing project report increases the chances of loan approval.
With Finline you can craft a compelling project report in less than 10 minutes. That too in your language. Our reports are accepted by all public and private sector banks working in India. Click to create your project report.
How to apply for Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana, Goa?
One can apply for the scheme in the following manner prescribed:
- The application form for the Chief Minister’s Employment Scheme is available at the offices of the Economic Development Corporation of Goa.
- The applicant will have to fill out the application form by attaching it with all the necessary documents.
- The price of the application form is Rs 100 / – for loans above Rs 50,000 and Rs 25 / – for loans below 50,000
- The application has to be submitted to the office with the application fee at the Economic Development Corporation of Goa.