The Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (CMRY) has been started by the State Government of Goa. Collaboration with the Economic Development Corporation of Goa for unemployed youth. Under this scheme, with the help of government loans, other backward class people, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and all ordinary people have to provide employment.
Under the CMRY scheme, the government provides 30 days of compulsory entrepreneurship training before disbursement of loan after the loan approval of the beneficiaries. The main objective of this scheme is to enable and educate unemployed youth. Introducing income generation by providing self-employment activities supported with institutional loans, government subsidies with financial support.
What are the Objective of Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana(CMRY)?
The objective of Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana scheme is to uplift employment potential and nurture the life of every unemployed person. This scheme is for those living in Goa who have lived in Goa for at least 15 to 40 years. Under this scheme, the state government provides loans up to a maximum of 20 lakh rupees for an individual. Those including professional degrees / diplomas / ITIs are participating in special training programs organized by authorized government departments in Goa.
What are the Benefits of Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana(CMRY)?
- The government is providing loans to start its own business.
- For an individual with a professional degree/diploma/I.T.I., including those undergoing special training programmes conducted by authorised Government Departments/ Corporations, the maximum amount of project cost is Rs 25.00 lakh, including 50% share capital under the *DITC scheme (80% in the case of SC/ST applicants).
- For others, the maximum amount is Rs 20.00 lakh, including 50% (80% in the case of SC/ST applicants) share capital under the DITC scheme..
- 30 days of compulsory entrepreneurship training before disbursement of loan after the loan approval of the beneficiaries is also being provided
What is the Eligibility for CMRY?
- Applicant must be a resident of Goa state.
- Unemployed applicants should normally be between 18 and 45 years. 5 years exemption in case of widows, disabled persons, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward classes.
- The applicant should not be guilty of any nationalized bank / financial institution / co-operative bank.
- Applicants must have passed at least Class 8 but exemption in eligible cases.
- The income of a beneficiary with a husband and a family member should not exceed Rs 10,00,000/- p.a..
What are the Documents Needed for CMRY?
- Aadhaar card/Passport/PAN Card
- Residential proof
- Project Report/Business Plan
- School leaving Certificate
- Passing certificate
- Documents of merit
- Passport size photo
How to apply for Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana, Goa?
One can apply for the scheme in the following manner prescribed:
- The application form for the Chief Minister’s Employment Scheme is available at the offices of the Economic Development Corporation of Goa.
- The applicant will have to fill the application form by attaching it with all the necessary documents.
- Price of application form Rs 100 / – for loan above Rs 50,000 and Rs 25 / – for loan below 50,000
- The application has to be submitted to the office with the application fee at the Economic Development Corporation of Goa.