The Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program(CMEGP) by the Government of Maharashtra has initiated for the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It is expected that this scheme will generate 10 lakh jobs in the next 5 years. The Industries Department’s flagship CMEGP initiative will have a 30 percent reservation for female entrepreneurs. Under the Directorate of Industries (DOI), the Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program will be enforced and controlled by the Administrative control of the Department of Industries, the Govt. Of Maharashtra.
Highlights of the Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program scheme(CMEGP):
- Under CMEGP, govt. aims to set up 1 lakh Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises in 5 years.
- Around 40% of these units are to be set up in rural areas.
- The goal is to set up 10,000 micro projects by 1st generation entrepreneurs.
- Employing around 10 lakhs educated unemployed youths of Maharashtra.
- Individual Entrepreneurs, Institutions, Co-operative Societies, Self Help Groups, Trusts would be the beneficiaries.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program(CMEGP)?
- Any Person between 18 to 45 years of age.
- For Special category (including SC/ST/Women/Ex-servicemen/Differently abled) 5 years relaxation in age criteria.
- Only new micro-small enterprise projects/ventures limited can avail the benefit under the CMEGP scheme up to Rs.50 lacs.
- The applicant must have qualified at least 7th standard
- For projects/units above Rs.25 lakh, the applicant must be 10th standard qualified.
- The applicants should also preferably hold interest and command in required and relevant skills for the desired project.
- Candidates who are the beneficiary of any other scheme of the Maharashtra Government will not be eligible for the CMEGP.
Bank or Financial Institution assistance
Under the employment generation plan CMEGP, self-contribution, and state financial assistance from the government (as a grant) or 60-75% supplementary assistance will be given through the banks. Bank loans will be issued by nationalized banks, scheduled banks, and private banks of the state.
What are the Documents Required for Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program(CMEGP)?
- Birth Certificate/School Leaving Certificate.
- Age Certificate of the applicant
- Pan card of the applicant
- Educational Qualification Certificate of the applicant
- Project report/Business Plan
- Photo of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant
- Industry Documents relating to the business premises (preliminary agreement on plain paper) (documents registered after bank approval must be submitted to the bank itself).
- Certificate (SC /ST)
- Supplementary Certificate (for Special Classes/Disabled/ ex-servicemen)
- Promise letter (undertaking) in the self-signed prescribed pattern
How to apply for Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Program(CMEGP)?
The following website should be visited to apply for Maharashtra’s CM Self Employment Scheme (CMEGP)