Chief Ministers Self-Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP) was launched in Karnataka to set up micro-enterprises in rural parts of the state. CMEGP – Govt of Karnataka ,promotes self-employment among aspiring rural entrepreneurs by investing capital up to INR 10 lakhs through the District Industries Centre and Karnataka State Khadi and Village Industries Board. The core concept behind this scheme’s launch is to reduce unemployment and create jobs.
Targets of Chief Ministers Self-Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP):
- To create opportunities for jobs in Karnataka
- Providing and encouraging self-employment in Karnataka
- To inspire the Rural Youth of the state to set up micro, small and medium enterprises.
- To provide training and financial assistance to the new entrepreneurs of the state.
- The maximum project cost loan allowed under the CM Self Employment Scheme (CMEGP) is Rs.10.00 lakhs per unit.
- Entrepreneur Development (EDP) training under the CM Self Employment Scheme is provided by the Karnataka government. The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development of Karnataka (CEDOK) and Rural Development & Self Employment Training will complete the EDP training (RUDSET).
- The project must be based in rural areas of the state.
- The unit must be new with ‘Negative List’.
- 10% of the project cost as own contribution must be paid by the general category entrepreneur, and 5% of the project cost must be paid by the SC/ST/OBC/Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically disabled category entrepreneur.
Eligibility Criteria of Chief Ministers Self-Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP):
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- The applicant can set up only one unit under the scheme
- The age limit for the entrepreneur belonging to the General category is 21 to 35 years and for (SC / ST / OBC / Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped), 21 to 45 years.
- Project report/Business Plan
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Academic qualifications of the applicant
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID/Ration Card
- EDP training certificate
- Rural certificate for the proposed unit
- Ex-servicemen certificate, if applicable
- Approval from Gram Panchayat
- Caste Certificate in case of SC, ST, OBC.
- Physically handicapped certificate, if applicable
- List of equipment to be purchased.
How to apply:
Following website should be visited to apply for the CM Self Employment Scheme (CMEGP)