A cash credit loan is a type of working capital loan for a company to meet its working capital requirements. The money can be withdrawn against the hypothecation of stocks and receivables. It can be availed either in form of a secured loan or an unsecured loan. Cash credit has a loan repayment tenure of one year. Depending on the credit history of the applicant bank offers loans to an enterprise. Businesses need to submit collateral or security to avail cash credit loans.
The business may use these funds for any kind of operational expenses including raw material procurement, machinery purchase, overhead costs, paying-off salaries, debt settlement, buying real estate, inventory costs, etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cash Credit Loans
What are the Documents Required for Cash Credit Loan?
- Duly filled application form
- Business plan/Project Report
- Copy of PAN card
- Passport-sized photographs of the applicant
- Identity Proof: Passport, Driving License, Voter’s ID card
- Residence Proof: Voter’s ID card, Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, Telephone Bill
- Income Proof: Last 6 months’ bank statement and last 3 years’
- Audited financial documents
- Last 2 years ITR and current years’ GST returns
- Business Proof: Incorporation and sales tax registration certificates, rent agreement,
- Business address proof: Ownership proof, property papers, house tax document, electricity bill
- Details of collateral or security to be submitted
- Details of existing loans and their repayment schedule
- Partnership deed and Memorandum of Articles (MoA)
- Valid Trade Licenses
- Certificate under Shop Establishment Act
- GST registration certificate
Who can avail of Cash Credit Loan?
Cash Credit Facility can be availed by Individuals, Professionals, Business entrepreneurs, Companies, Partnerships, Sole Proprietorships, Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs), Co-operative Societies, and Registered Trusts engaged in manufacturing, trading, and services categorized under MSME.