KESRU (Kerala Self Employment Scheme for the Registered Unemployed) 1999 is one of the self-employment programmes of the Kerala State under the National Employment Service. Department of Employment handles the schemes through the 14 District Employment Exchanges. This scheme had two components unemployment assistance and self-employment assistance introduced in 1982.
The employment exchanges activated the scheme to support Entrepreneurship amongst job seekers. The scheme offers for sanction of a bank loan of up to Rs. 1,00,000 for unemployed persons to start a business. The government provides the KESRU loan before the origin of self-employment ventures of individuals. Out of the bank loan, a total of up to 20% reimburses as Government Subsidy via Employment Department. Hence, there is no requirement for contribution from the beneficiary to avail loan under this scheme.
The key feature of KESRU – Kerala Self Employment Scheme:
- Bank loans up to Rs. 1,00,000 are given for starting ventures.
- The spouse or parents can be the guarantor
- Students are not eligible for the scheme
- KESRU beneficiaries are not eligible for Unemployment dole but will be considered for regular positions
- Employment exchange officers will monitor the scheme, it is their duty to make sure the sanctioned amount must be used for self-employment only.
- Application forms are available free of cost from employment exchanges
What are the Eligibility Criteria for KESRU Loan?
- The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria for KESRU Loan:
- The minimum age should be 21 and a maximum of 50.
- The annual income of the applicant should be less than1 a lakh
- The project of the applicant should suit his qualification
- Students are not eligible to apply for the scheme
- The unemployed applicant who is active on the Register of employment Exchange is eligible.
What are the Documents Required for KESRU Scheme?
How to apply for KESRU – Kerala Self Employment Scheme?
- To apply KESRU, follow the steps:
- Visit the Employment Exchange Office
- Fillup the KESRU application form.
- After filling in all the details attach all important documents with the form.
- Submit the form to the respective Employment Exchange Office.
- After the verification, then the application will be forwarded to the concerned District Employment Exchange for scrutiny.
- The office will submit the application to the District Committee for sanctioning loans via nationalized banks, district cooperative banks, scheduled banks, and KSFE.